WordPress is a free personal blogging platform. It is an easy to use, fast and flexible blog script. It comes with a great set of features, designed to make your experience as a publisher as enjoyable as possible.
With WordPress you can easily:
- Publish and edit posts
- Sort articles in categories
- Search within your content
- Manage users’ access
- Change your website themes and more
The WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world-
- It was first released on May 27, 2003
- By December 2011, version 3.0 had been downloaded over 65 million times
- It is used by over 14.7% of Alexa Internet’s “top 1 million” websites
- It manages 22% of all new websites
- WordPress is currently the most popular CMS (Content Management System) in use on the Internet
- It is great for small and large sites
- No need to learn HTML, CSS and PHP from scratch
What do you need to start a WordPress blog?
There are four things you need to start a WordPress blog:
- A domain name
- Web hosting server
- WordPress Installation
- And pick your favourite theme
Choose a Domain name
Domain name is an important part of your website because that’s how people are going to find your website on the Internet.
Example- A web address like www.wordpress.com
Choose a Hosting Server
For creating a blog on WordPress is choosing a hosting company is an important step. There are many hosting services for WordPress on the market, so you should choose one depending on your needs.
Set up your hosting account
- To get started, go to Godaddy Home Page and click on “Get Started”
- Next, you have to a domain name for your site. If you already own a domain name, you can enter it here. If you don’t already have a domain name, you can get one from right in the sign-up process, and the great thing is, it comes free with your new Godaddy hosting account purchase.
- After you’ve entered a domain name, you’ll fill in your personal information.
- After selecting your package, now fill the billing details.
- After you’ve filled in your information and picked your hosting package, click the “Next” button to complete your purchase.
Once you’ve bought your domain name and set up your Godaddy hosting, you’re well on your way!
Now it’s time to get your website up and running. The first thing you’ll need to do is install WordPress to your domain.
If you signed up with Bluehost or any other similar hosting company, you should find your “one-click-installation” in your account Cpanel.
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Log in to your hosting account.
- Go to your control panel.
- Look for the “WordPress” or “Website” icon.
- Click on the “Start” button that will start the WordPress installation process
- Choose the domain where you want to install your website.
- After you’ve read the terms and conditions, check the box indicating that you’ve done so, then click “Install Now.”
- Now you can log into your WordPress site by going to the admin login URL.
- Enter your username and password, and then click “Log In.” This will take you to your WordPress dashboard.
Choosing a Theme for your blog site
Once you have successfully installed WordPress on your domain, you can choose a theme for your WordPress blog website.
How to Create Blog website via free WordPress
Step 1: Sign up for a free WordPress account
Step 2: Enter information to create your free WordPress account
Step 3: Enter information to create your new WordPress blog
Step 4: Cheers! Your account is now active!
Step 5: An overview of your WordPress user dashboard
Step 6: Choosing a theme for your new WordPress blog
Step 7: An overview of WordPress widgets and sidebars
Step 8: Now, you’re ready to write your first WordPress blog post
Step 9: You can install plugins to make your website more awesome
Now is a good time to take it to the next level: promotion, marketing, monetization, SEO … you choose what to do first. I hope this article made you realize how easy it is to create a blog on WordPress.