WordPress is a free personal blogging platform. It is an easy to use, fast and flexible blog script. It comes with a great set of features, designed to make your experience as a publisher as enjoyable as possible.
With WordPress you can easily:
- Publish and edit posts
- Sort articles in categories
- Search within your content
- Manage users’ access
- Change your website themes and more
The WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world-
- It was first released on May 27, 2003
- By December 2011, version 3.0 had been downloaded over 65 million times
- It is used by over 14.7% of Alexa Internet’s “top 1 million” websites
- It manages 22% of all new websites
- WordPress is currently the most popular CMS (Content Management System) in use on the Internet
- It is great for small and large sites
- No need to learn HTML, CSS and PHP from scratch
What do you need to start a WordPress blog?
There are four things you need to start a WordPress blog:
- A domain name
- Web hosting server
- WordPress Installation
- And pick your favourite theme
Choose a Domain name
Domain name is a significant portion of your website because that is how people are going to find your site on the Internet.
Example- A web address like www.wordpress.com
Choose a Hosting Server
For creating a blog on WordPress is choosing a hosting company is an important step. There are many hosting services for WordPress on the market, so you should choose one depending on your needs.
Set up your hosting account
- To get started, go to Godaddy Home Page and click on “Get Started.”
- Next, you have to write a domain name of your choice for your website. If you already have occupied a domain name previously, you can enter it here in “Already have a domain name”.
- If you do not have any previous domain name, you can get one from right in the sign-up process, and the great thing is, it comes free with your new Godaddy hosting account purchase.
- After you have entered a domain name, you will fill in your personal information.
- After selecting your package, now fill the billing details.
- After you have filled in your information and picked your hosting package, click the “Next” button to complete your purchase.
Once you have bought your domain name and set up your Godaddy hosting, you are well on your way!
Now it is time to get your website up and running. The first thing you will need to do is install WordPress on your domain.
If you signed up with Bluehost or any other similar hosting company, you should find your “one-click-installation” in your account Cpanel.
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Log in to your hosting account.
- Go to your control panel.
- Look for the “WordPress” or “Website” icon.
- Click on the “Start” button that will start the WordPress installation process
- Choose the domain where you want to install your website.
- After you have done reading the terms and conditions, check the box below that you have done so, then click “Install Now.”
- After that you can log into your WordPress website by going to the admin login URL “www.yourdomainname.com/wp-admin”.
- Enter your username and password, and then click “Log In.” It will take you to your WordPress dashboard.
Choosing a Theme for your blog site
Once you have successfully installed WordPress from your control panel, you can select a theme for your WordPress blog website.
How to Create Blog website via free WordPress
Step 1: Sign up for a free WordPress account by login into wordpress.org.
Step 2: Enter information to create your free WordPress account
Step 3: Enter information to create your new WordPress blog
Step 4: Cheers! Your free WordPress account is now active!
Step 5: An overview of your WordPress user dashboard
Step 6: Choosing a theme for your new WordPress blog
Step 7: An overview of WordPress widgets and sidebars
Step 8: Now, you are ready to write your first WordPress blog post
Step 9: You can install plugins to make your website more awesome
Now is a good time to take it to the next level: promotion, marketing, monetisation, SEO … you choose what to do first. I hope this article made you realise how easy it is to create a blog on WordPress.