If you need to send a bulk email message to many of your audiences at once, there is a way to do it using Gmail.
Gmail by default keeps a list of people with whom you have contacted. This contact list makes it easy to pick and send mass email without having to type each individual address.
It also allows you to create groups of selected contacts. When you created the contacts, you can quickly add several recipients by addressing an email to the group name. This step will save your time.
You can use Google Sheets and it is a free downloadable script, you can mark bulk email messages in Gmail in short span of time.
Personalization can be done easily in your email marketing through this tool. Each and every single email will be having their recipients name in the email respectively. e.g. Hi, Ruby I hope you are doing good.
Here’s how to get started:
- Make a spreadsheet
- Log into your Google Drive account
- Now, click New > Google Sheets to make a spreadsheet
- Import your email recipients’ contact details
- Then, move to the menu bar and choose Add-ons > Get add-ons
- In the search window, type a name for your mail merge script
- Now, Click the Free button and accept.
- A window can appear underneath Add-ons on the menu bar, showing that the script has been installed.
- Click the X to close it.
- Import your contacts
- Next, import your email recipients into the spreadsheet
- Click Add-ons > Yet Another Mail Merge > Import contacts from a set
- A window can open with a drop-down menu of all the contact sets in your Gmail account
- Now, you’ll be able to create a new set with all the contacts you want to add in your mail merge in Gmail
- Repeat the steps on top of and select this collection from the drop-down menu
- Click Import contacts, and people contacts can populate your spreadsheet
- Your contacts import into Google Sheets, then complete with column headers
- Draft your email message
- Now open a new tab and log into your Gmail account
- Click Compose to open a new message
- Type a title in the subject field and compose the body of your message
- Then type $%Firstname% anywhere you would like to insert column data from your spreadsheet
- Once you’re done, click X to close the message, and it will automatically save to your Drafts folder.
- Execute the mail merge
- Go back to spreadsheet and click on Add-ons > Yet Another Mail Merge > Start mail merge
- In the window that opens, choose the title of your email message from the Drafts drop-down menu
- The text Email_Sent will appear next to every contact in the Merge Status column of your spreadsheet once a prospering mail merge.
- To confirm, click send me a check email to receive a sample message. Toggle to Gmail and check the message.
- If everything seems fine, come back to that dialogue box and click send Emails
- You’ll now see Email_Sent next to every contact in the Merge Status column of your spreadsheet
If you want to make another mail merge from that same spreadsheet, don’t forget to delete that text from the Merge Status column of each recipient you want to email again.
Another option to send bulk email with Gmail
By using Gmail to send a bulk email message, you can increase the chances of your email being opened, and help recipients feel more assured that the message is not spam.
- Sign in to your Gmail account at gmail.com.
- Click the “Compose” button to create a new email message.
- Click the “Add BCC” link under the “To” box, and instead of entering addresses into the “To” field; enter them into the “To BCC” field instead.
- Enter the content of your message into the large body field.
- Click the “SEND” button to send your email message.
That’s all I am being done from last many years to successfully conduct my email marketing. And if you still have any question left, please feel free to comment below.