Magento Ecommerce Website platform has growing speedily as the number one platform for e-commerce ventures, many sellers, business owners and entrepreneurs are looking for to take their business to the next level with Magento.
In order to make it easier, I’ve summarized the process, along with some useful resources that will help you get started.
What is Magento?
Magento the most powerful online e-commerce network in the world and is changing the face of e-commerce constantly.
It was developed by Varien Inc., and it was first released on March 31, 2008.
It is open source e-commerce software which is used for online business. It offers online suppliers with a flexible shopping cart system, control, content and functionality of their online store.
It helps the user to build both user-friendly and search engine friendly websites and also offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools.
The management system of Magento is based on PHP and MySQL, which is compatible with Linux, needing no investment in software licenses.
Why Use Magento?
- Open source e-commerce software
- Offers the scalability, flexibility and features for business growth
- Supports searching and sorting of products in several ways
- Incorporates with many of the third-party sites that required to run effective e-commerce website
- Offers different payment methods such as credit cards, PayPal, cheques, money order, Google checkouts, etc
- Allows shipping of products in one order to multiple addresses
- Manages the orders easily by using the admin panel
- Arrange for order of product status and history of the product
- Attention e-mail and RSS feeds
- Supports multiple languages, different currencies and tax rates
- Filters the products and displays in grid or list format
- Easy to browse the products (Image zoom-in and checking of stock availability features)
- Built-in SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Control every side of your store, from handling to promotions and more
- Commercial open source business model yields a superior product at a low cost
- Allow merchants to increase revenue
- User-friendly e-commerce software
- Compatible with smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices
- Offers multiple payment options (more than 50 payment gateways)
- Many extensions which support the development of an online store
- Easy to install and add additional layouts and plug-ins
- Effective and cost sensitive program
- Allows for various discounts and promotions during check-out
- Uses larger disk space and memory
- Devote longer time to build the personalized functionality
- Very slow compared to other e-commerce sites
Magento needs suitable hosting environment. If the hosting environment is inappropriate, the user can face many problems.
What makes Magento the top e-commerce platform?
Magento is the most promising and widely trusted worldwide because of its unique benefits among the available platforms.
#1 Open source
Magento is a free e-commerce platform which uses open source technologies and programming languages. It means that is the platform is not only more flexible for developers but also easy to access (in terms of cost) and confirms a better security for users.
It is now ranked #3 in the US and Canada’s top 500 e-commerce merchants.
More than thousands of Magento developers, agencies and users available in everywhere, so you don’t feel alone in this big market. You can easily switch to other providers.
It has a huge community support from expert Magento developers, making it easy to find solutions.
#3 Mobile-friendly Configurations
M-commerce is now the most recent keywords for any business, especially in the e-commerce market.
So, it is must for every retailer to choose a mobile-friendly platform. Currently, Magento platform is absolutely the best choice as the apps allow store integration across multiple devices to work accurately on smartphones, tablets, etc.
Magento has its huge store of extensions. Its users can find it easy to expand and differentiate their websites from other competitors’ by using different extensions.
In addition, the market for Magento extension is now thriving, which lets you have so many choices of versions for each extension with a very reasonable price combined perfectly with your store.
#5 Multiple Stores
If you are running multiple brands & stores but want to keep up one synchronized backend system then Magento must be the best E-commerce platform for you.
Step (1) – Open the link https://www.magentocommerce.com/products/downloads/magento/
Step (2) − Click on the drop-down menu, the archive file is available in .zip, .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 for downloading.
Step (3) − Extract the Magento web files from the archive on your computer and upload it to your web server or local host.
Step (4) − It needs MySQL database. So create a new empty database and user/password.
Step (5) − Open your browser and navigate to your Magento file path (for e.g. http://localhost/magento) to start your Magento installation.
Step (6) − Select on continue button and you will get Validation.
Here, fill the database details, if you want to check for InnoDB support for Magento. Else, click on Continue button to proceed to the next step.
Step (7) − Next, Magento Connect Manager Deployment screen, fill the details and It will start the downloading process for Magento.
Step (8) − Magento’s Installation Wizard screen pops up. Click “I agree to the above terms and conditions” checkbox and continue button.
Step (9) − Next you will get the Localization screen for selecting the Locale, Time Zone and Currency.
Step (10) – Next is Configuration screen and enter the database information.
Step (11) − Create an admin account screen, fill your personal information and click on the Continue button.
Step (12) − Copy the encryption key, which will be used to encrypt passwords, credit cards and other trusted information. Select Frontend or Backend of new Magento website.
Step (13) − After successful installation, click on the Go to Backend button to log in to admin panel.
Step (14) – Now you can be logging in, and you will get the Dashboard of Admin panel as shown below.
Rest for any queries on Magento ecommerce website building, feel free to comment below and I’ll revert back to you with a proper satisfactory reply.